Following my time in Hungary that I left with great reluctance, I spent a fairly uneventful week in Switzerland. However, life could be much worse than being forced to relax in the Swiss countryside! Went to France for an afternoon, explored a castle, played a "cops and robbers" game in Neuchâtel, day trip to Lausanne, and other than that, lazed around, practiced a bit...and decided on my recital program for the spring! Stay tuned...we have a pretty exciting year ahead of us! ;)
Then, it was Croatia for the week. I am absolutely in love with Central Europe. I can't really explain what it is about it, but there is something that pulls at my heart and this feeling that comes over me whenever I am in that part of the world.
There was ridiculous traffic going there, and we sat in standstill traffic jams for several hours. Nothing you can do about it....but it was quite funny to see a guy a couple cars ahead of us get out to smoke a cigarette, and then he had to start running because the line moved suddenly. Haha! Priceless!
Rocky beaches, exploring ancient ruins, visiting mummies in a church where the vicar kept asking things like how far away is Boston from where Oprah Winfrey lives and that he loved "Friends" with Monica and Chandler and Phoebe, winding roads that more resembled sidewalks, the scent of lavender everywhere, nighttime tour of the beautiful town of Labin where I also tasted the best olive oil ever, cave exploration, and getting hit on my every single waiter or male shopkeeper. Haha!
Then there was the boat trip I decided to take to Rovinj... Gorgeous and relaxing...and then leave it to me to miss the boat to go back! Yes, that is my life. The misadventure turned into a pretty amazing adventure, though. I took a deep breath, said to myself that there must be a bus somewhere that will take me back, found the bus station, waited for a half hour to get a ticket, and then away I went. Two buses and two hours later, I had met a brilliant Polish guy, had great conversations, and was back where I needed to be. Gotta love traveling! ;)
Back in Switzerland now and off to Zurich on Monday for one last hoorah of exploring before I head back Stateside... Part of me says it is time to go home for awhile...and the other part of me does not want to leave this brilliant continent. How about we strike a deal, and I just go back to Hungary?? Pretty please? ;)
Yes, I know...not practical...for now... Ha! Will I ever stop plotting international adventures? Highly doubtful. ;)
So for now, I must get excited for another year in Boston with a lot of exciting hard work, diligence, and audition prep. The world is mine, and I cannot wait to see where else it takes me! (Plus, rumor has it, some people supposedly miss me... But that's just a rumor!)



















No comments:
Post a Comment