Thursday, February 2, 2012

And THIS is why you always have extra clothes in your locker.

This morning, I made a grand entrance to the day at school by managing to spill an entire travel mug of tea all over the front of my pants. I apparently thought that'd be fun. And I'm not talking, "Aw, man! I just spilled tea on me." No, this was drenched in tea like I'd been thrown in a swimming pool. Luckily, I had a black skirt stashed in my locker from some time I had to sing last semester, so I changed into that for the time being. Then, I went back to clean up the mess all over the table and floor (still trying to figure out how that much tea was in that cup!).

Of course, the boys in my chamber music group would be there to witness the entire ordeal and the soprano tantrum to follow. The one complimented me on the skirt, trying to make me feel better, and I responded by stamping my foot and exclaimed that I did not want to be wearing that! Seriously?! Did I really just do that?! Unfortunately, yes. :-/ I think perhaps the stress of my workload this week may have been getting to me and chose that moment to pour out. I am so sorry, boys. That was totally uncalled for.

My lesson followed this fiasco, and in turn, Jayne got a bit of the leftover frazzle and a re-enactment. Sorry to you, too, Jayne. Not sure what's gotten into me today. Not cool! She has a way of always calming me down, though, and reminding me that "it's just tea". She's right.

After my classes this afternoon, I had a couple hours before I had to go into work, and I couldn't go in wearing my snazzy skirt or the tea-soaked jeans, so I ran into work and grabbed a pair of cheap jeans off the sale wall. At least, I got a new pair of pants out of the day. I still can't believe I actually stamped my foot, though. It's like that story my mom tells of the only tantrum I ever threw in a department store when I was three and she just standing there watching me kicking and screaming, not knowing what to do because I didn't ever act that way. We'll just label it my own mini mad scene. Ha!

Tomorrow, I will be taking an entire outfit with me to school to keep in my locker...

No comments:

Post a Comment