Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I've always wanted to be Mary Poppins.


And apparently, I actually am Mary Poppins...just not in the sense I've always imagined. haha! Seriously, though, I live Mary Poppins's life. This is me. All that is missing is the carpet bag of infinity and the parrot umbrella! ;) 

Gratitude 336
On Friday, Chad took me out to see Mary Poppins the Musical. Best. Musical. EVER! So fabulous! Incredible voices...Mary Poppins and Mrs. Banks just popped out legit high notes out of nowhere. (The part of Mrs. Banks is actually really fabulous, too!) Simply so well done. :) I seriously didn't stop smiling the whole time. It's one of those feel-good musical stories. It was nearly an opera in style, as there was practically nonstop singing, and much of it in a rather classical style. I loved loved LOVED it! :)

Chad kept leaning over to me every few minutes saying, "That is YOU! You just said that exact statement two hours ago! You ARE Mary Poppins!" It was kind of scary how she said the same things I do! (But I won't deny that I love it! haha!)

Now, Perhaps one day, I'll sing this role, too! :)

*  *  *  *  *

I know I have a lot of catching up to do. No excuses for not posting, esp. since I had several days off of work in the past two weeks...just sheer laziness.

My few days at home were much-needed. It is always too short a trip, though. I have been very lucky the past few years to have as much time as I have had over holidays. I know it won't always be so easy to take such leisurely time, but here's to hoping... 

My nephew Xander is a hoot! Apparently, for three days straight before I got home, he kept saying, "Me Sammy come home now." haha! When I got home, they weren't there yet, but as soon as the car pulled up, and he got unbuckled from his car seat, he came running to me. That's a new one! (Usually, it's taken him some time to warm back up to me after I've been gone for a time.) He was my sidekick for those few days. ;)




Gratitude 337
This photo. Cracks me up! This kid is too much!

 

Church and family Easter traditions. Candy galore. Kicked my little sister's butt at Scrabble (per usual...haha!). Hung out with Rafiki. Went through more boxes and things. (Where does all this "stuff" come from?! It just accumlates out of nowhere!)


Where is that darn egg?!


 

Then, I shoved in a few appointments, the ENT to check up on some things and...new glasses! Not certain how I feel about them yet. I like them, but they are HUGE in comparison to my previous few pairs. (Photo to come soon.)

Oh, and can't forget meeting the new dog Luna, aka Dad's baby...


Monkey see, monkey do.

Dad's replacement child

Gratitude 338

Mom stayed over for a few days when I had to come back to Ohio for work. We hung out, made a Target run, and packe dup some more stuff. Trying to simplify my life for now. (So much stuff! I just don't get it.) I actually rather like this simplification. Unfortunately, though, it never stays. It amazes me how one can spend an entire semester living out of one suitcase but come back home and would simply die without the things that fill an entire room. haha! Ridiculous.


*  *  *  *  * 

It seems to have turned into summer here overnight. Yesterday: perfectly pleasant temperatures and gorgeous weather. Today: stifling humidity and heat! Welcome to the season of 3-shirt days! 

Speaking of summer, I came to the realization the other day that this is my last "Summer in Ohio." (Irony: I've been in Ohio for "The Last Five Years." Catch the pun? haha! Okay, I thought it was funny!) 

I was recently asked by a friend if I would miss being here. Certainly there are somethings I will miss and some I definitely won't. Ohio has become a part of home for me; I've spent a significantly important chapter of my life here. And I feel it will always remain so. However, it has served its purpose...and now, something is waiting for me elsewhere as I turn the page to a new, exciting chapter. :)


Living is a form of not being sure, not knowing what next or how... We guess.
We may be wrong but we take leap after leap into the dark.  ~Agnes de Mille

No comments:

Post a Comment