I am so awful at posting these past few weeks! I apologize for yet another hiatus! There have been many ups and downs the past couple weeks, all summing up that technology is literally out to do me in! Not even joking.
Okay...so here's the low-down:
Applications all submitted! (And even a CD sent over to Hungary for Janos.) Woot! Now, just the dreadful waiting process to see what is to come.
ArtsApp is stupid. (Online submission portfolio to send your recordings to schools. Seriously doesn't work and cause of many headaches.)
Skyped with Quinton last week! I seriously miss Hungary! :(
Got to go home for Thanksgiving! A whole 3 days! Crazy, I know. ;)
Xander is totally ridiculous. Quite the personality going on there.
New computer! It's fuschia! Ooooh! haha! ;) (This, of course, means I'm broke...again...blah!)
Christmas lights hung in my apartment. :)
Oh, yes...it is officially the Christmas season! Yay Christmas music! ...But where's my snow?!
My Christmas list is pretty pathetic...it's sad how filled with needs it is...and that I want these things that I need.
Today, I was looking at old picture CDs...wow, does my family have some ridiculous expressions! haha! Can you seriously just look at some of these, please (except my family probably won't appreciate it the publicity of these...hehe!):
Seriously, I wish I remembered exactly what happened in each of these situations to promote such expressions...and how the camera had to catch that exact moment. Makes for some pretty good laughter later, though! haha! ;)
Gratitude 287
So...Quinton composed another piece for me last week. While we were on Skype, he asked me to open the Bible randomly and give him a verse; it landed on Psalm 142. In my email last night, I received the completed 5-page work for soprano and organ. Today, I got to look at it...I seriously LOVE this piece! Not to toot his horn, but it is really good. Each piece he's written for me has topped the previous one. This "Muse" is loving it. And what's more incredible is the fact that he magically creates things that fit perfectly in my voice. Upon first glance at them, they look ridiculous and impossible with their extreme ranges (bottom--and sometimes below--the staff and up a 6th above the staff over just a few measures), but the first read-through confirms that it was tailored just for me (and optional notes for whoever else may one day sing them! haha!). I don't know how he does it...and he's even 6000 miles away from me currently, so he hasn't been around me or my voice for months!


No comments:
Post a Comment