Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Romeo et Juliette

Tonight, I went to see the final dress rehearsal downtown for the production of Gounod's Romeo et Juliette, since my Sunday plans have changed slightly...  Such fun! I like Act 3 the best. (Yes, when he drinks the poison, and she stabs herself. But that is definitely not why I like it!) The music is just gorgeous in that act. I mean, the whole show has great music, but for some reason, I just love the lushness of the last portion.

As for this weekend, I am SUPER PSYCHED!!! Because...

Gratitude 180
I am going to NEW YORK!!! Yes, that's right. The city. I am SOOOO excited!! Why, you ask? Just because. Does there really need to be any other explanation?! ;)

I have never been. Anthony, Kelly, and I just decided today that we are going to road trip it to the Big Apple and stay with one of Anthony's friends. (Anthony used to live in New York.) Actually, Anthony was already planning to go, then Kelly chimed in and offered to drive. I had to do a little schedule rearranging, but all is well. My spontaneity and adventure are ready to roll! =D  I love my life! (Yes, even when I complain about things sucking...I still love it.) AND...we are going to see the beautiful Juan Diego Florez in La Fille du Regiment at the fabulous Metropolitan Opera! Ah! How cool! Possibly seeing Billy Elliot on Broadway, too. (I love student discount tickets!) Sleep, clearly, isn't going to be happening much this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment