Thursday, May 14, 2009

From the land of dial-up...

Every few days, I have to brave the internet to check in on my messages because it is apparently socially unacceptable to leave the realm of communication for a period of time. So while I was doing that, I thought I'd post some pics and a little update on life.

Gratitude 95
I rather enjoy coming home and being somewhat freed of the ruling powers of the computer.


*****


The last week before I left for my holiday at home, was absolutely dreadful! In short, it involved various monetary crises (of which are still not resolved!!!), house issues, and an acute case of bronchitis that gave me a fever of 101 degrees Fahrenheit and a cough that seems to want to linger eternally.

However, despite all that crap, I am home now. And as "humdrum" as country life can be, it is comforting. It was partly per "Doctor Lynn's" orders that I go spend time with my mommy and partly my need to just get away for a bit.

Tracy, Sarah, and I went on a road trip last week to come home. They stayed for a few days, and we embarked on crazy adventures. We went around to the "exciting" sites in my little corner of PA. I think they had a good time. ;) My favorite part was driving around with the windows down blasting classical and opera music. (We are such music geeks!) Some of the faces we got were priceless! Just spreading a little Beethoven, Mozart, and Puccini cheer! haha! ;)





(Tracy's first experience of making rice crispie treats)


You know, I think that them coming home made me really feel just how much "in the sticks" I live. But it's cool. Again, there is something comforting about it. Of course, my mom had to tell them bear stories, so I had them "freaking out" on me all weekend.




After they left, it was Mommy's Day, and since then, I have just been hanging out at home. Mom and I watched Baby Xander for a bit. That little pipsqueak is crazy! haha! :) And he moves fast now! His adventure of the week was mastering how to put his little Gerber puffs into his mouth all by himself.




2 comments:

  1. Samantha,

    Thank you for giving us a glimpse into your life at home at the very great risk of using you dial-up connection.

    I am sorry to hear of your bronchitis, fever, and lingering cough. I hope they all depart from you soon. Holidays and vacations are too few to become marred by sickness.

    I am inspired by your classical music and opera infused drive throughout the town; it is my opinion that rappers and Latino music lovers should not be the only ones to proclaim their choice of music! It is high time that someone had your idea, and you ought to be commended for your action!

    -Tyler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHH! I miss you!!!


    hahaha.. and I LOVED our adventures and the time Sarah and I spent with you in PA. Also I would like to add that the picture of my first rice-crispy experience is rather unflattering :) but I super <3 the one of us three. In addition, Xander is freaking adorable! and I miss you dearly. :/ I can not wait for you to come back to Ohio, however I am very glad that you are having a peaceful and much needed break at home.

    Hope to see you soon!!

    Love,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete